2020 Virginia Junior Beef Round-Up: Entry System Open
The 2020 Virginia Junior Beef Roundup will be held in conjunction with the Virginia Beef Expo, April 16 – 19 at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg. Virginia youth are invited to enter and participate in the cattle shows and showmanship on Saturday, April 18th and Sunday, April 19th. A full schedule for the weekend is can be found below.
Information on the VA Beef Challenge, Team Fitting, Team Sales, and Youth Discussion Meet competitions will come later.
The entry system for the cattle and showmanship divisions, via FairEntry, can be accessed at this link: https://fairentry.com/Fair/
SignIn/14101 The system is open and accepting entries
- 4-H members should use their 4HOnline credentials (email and password) and use the GREEN “Sign In with 4HOnline” button to enter the system. If you are a 4-H family that is not familiar with the 4HOnline enrollment system, please contact your local 4-H agent to confirm that you are enrolled using 4HOnline.
- FFA members should use the BLUE “Sign In” button, logging into an previously created FairEntry account or create an account to enter the system
- Older youth (19-21 years) who are showing registered cattle as members of their respective breed associations should also use the BLUE “Sign In” button
IMPORTANT UPDATES AND CHANGES FOR 2020:
- The ownership deadline for all entries and deadline for having all registered cattle (including Bred and Owned entries) registered, transferred, and in the name of the exhibitor is March 31, 2020 – these dates are verified through each of the respective breed associations and the ISSUE DATE by the association is the date used.
- Calves at side of Dam must be bred and owned, and registered in the name of the exhibitor by March 31, 2020
- There will be a Bred and Owned Division/Show offered for each of the respective breeds, including AOB. Designation of a heifer being Bred & Owned must be made during the entry process.
- A minimum of 10 head of qualified Bred & Owned heifers is required for a separate division (then broken out by traditional class age breaks)
- Less than 10 head of Bred and Owned cattle will result in a Bred & Owned Class at the end of that respective breed show
- Percentage cattle bearing a registration certificate from a breed association, but ineligible to show in that respective breed’s national or regional shows, will be shown in the commercial/crossbred heifer division.
- Stalling requests are located at the beginning of the entry system. ONLY STALLING REQUESTS SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE ENTRY SYSTEM WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Please take time to completely read the rules prior to completing the entry process. Each exhibitor will be asked to acknowledge during the entry process that they have read and understand the rules.
Entry Deadline is Monday, April 6th at 12:00 Noon with a $25 entry fee, payable online by credit card or mailed check. Late entries will be accepted from 12:01 pm, Monday, April 6th to 12:00 noon on Friday, April 10th, with a $50 entry fee – ALL LATE ENTRIES MUST BE PAID ONLINE BY CREDIT CARD.