Livestock Club Workshop
How to Change a Tire
January 23, 2018
On Tuesday, January 23, the Livestock Club held a workshop, How to Change a Tire, with the Orange Tire Crew. The following was written and submitted by Nathan Gibson, age 8, 4-H Reporter.
Today the 4-H Livestock Club learned how to change a tire. We met at the Orange Fire Department. Mr. Tony Welch and his son, Jacob, demonstrated on a trailer. Thank you to Orange Tire for sponsoring.
1. Put out 3 safety triangles to warn other vehicles to slow down and switch lanes.
2. Loosen the lug nuts.
3. Put up your jack so your tire is off the ground.
4. Take the lug nuts off.
5. Take your tire off and put on the spare.
6. Put the lug nuts back, acorn end first in a star pattern.
7. Put down the jack and tighten the lug nuts so you can't tighten them anymore.
8. Put your tools away before you get on the road.
Do not drive too far on a spare tire. Go easy on bumps and take it to a repair shop to get inspected.
Thanks to Orange Tire and Nathan Gibson.