Summer Enrichment Program —
Virginia State University Campus & Randolph Farm
Classroom Learning | Field and Lab Activities | Stay on Campus | All Meals Provided
Gain hands-on experience with the world around you through VSU’s Summer Enrichment Program in Plant, Soil & Environmental Science. During the week-long program, participants will learn from experts through experiential learning activities about:
• Water and environmental issues
• Food and ornamental crop production
• Aquatic plants and animals
• Soil composition, soil health, and soil management practices
• Resumé building & interviewing skills
• Career opportunities with the USDA and other federal, state, private industry jobs
Application Requirements: Admission is restricted to rising high school juniors and seniors interested in the plant, soil & environmental science disciplines. Applicants are required to complete and submit this online application, including a one-page essay (200-300 words) describing career goals and reasons for interest in the summer enrichment program.
Applications are due by . Applicants who are admitted will be notified no later than .
This program is funded by USDA NIFA Award No. 2012-38821-20041, Increasing Undergraduate Enrollment in the Department of Agriculture at Virginia State University.
APPLY AT: http://goo.gl/forms/