Leadership Washington Focus
**Deadline to Apply- February 20!**
LWF is a 4-H leadership program for youth entering grades 7 through 9. The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 1 mile from the Washington, D.C. border. For more than 50 years, thousands of 4-H’ers have participated in our high school program, Citizenship Washington Focus and now we are happy to introduce its precursor for middle school 4-H'ers, LWF. The program is slightly shorter than CWF but runs fairly similar.
NEW FOR 2015 – The Virginia 4-H Foundation is offering one FULL scholarship per district. More than one youth per district can apply to attend, however only one youth per district will be awarded a scholarship. All applicants must submit the $150.00 deposit with their application. If awarded a scholarship, it will be refunded following the trip to ensure attendance. Youth will be notified mid-March. Please see the application for more information.
Middle school 4-H delegates will:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop an understanding of their own personal leadership style
- Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4-H'ers from across the nation.
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
General LWF Information : http://www.4hcenter.org/youth-
conference-center-overview/ educational-programs/ leadership-washington-focus/
Planning Resources (Includes templates for fundraising, press release, info flyer): http://www.4hcenter.org/youth-
conference-center-overview/ educational-programs/ leadership-washington-focus/ information-planning- resources/
Virginia has 5 youth slots and 1 adult chaperone slot available The deadline to submit an application and a deposit it