This is a great opportunity! There have been multiple 4-Hers from Orange County that have attended this awesome event. We can help with fundraising ideas.
2015 Citizenship Washington Focus is slated for Virginia the week of July 5-1, 2015. CWF is a tremendous opportunity for senior 4-H members. Applications are due to the State 4-H by .
NEW FOR 2015 – The Virginia 4-H Foundation is offering one FULL scholarship per district. More than one youth per district can apply to attend, however only one youth per district will be awarded a scholarship. All applicants must submit the $200 deposit with their application. If awarded a scholarship, it will be refunded following the trip to ensure attendance. Youth will be notified mid-March. Please see the application for more information.
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) is a week-long 4-H citizenship program for youth ages 14-19 that takes place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 1 mile from the Washington, DC border.
Every summer, thousands of young people participate in the program, which provides opportunities for them to:
- strengthen their communication, leadership, and citizenship skills on a national level
- understand the importance of civic and social responsibilities as they relate to the development of better citizens and leaders
- exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other youth from diverse backgrounds.
- experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, DC.
CWF participants enjoy:
- a behind-the-scenes look at our nation's capital and the chance to meet Members of Congress
- motivational speakers, educational workshops, and assemblies that increase individual commitment to citizen involvement and build lifetime skills for success
- activities that encourage new and lasting friendships
- an enthusiastic staff of young adults that work directly with them
Participants are immersed in the culture and history of Washington through onsite workshopsat its most spectacular sights.
Destinations include, but are not limited to:
- The Capitol
- Mount Vernon
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Presidential and war monuments and memorials
- Smithsonian museums
The cost of the trip is $940.00. Many delegates recruit sponsorship from local civic groups. National 4-H has created templates for scholarship letters. Please visit fundraising section on the site below for templates.
conference-center-overview/ educational-programs/ citizenship-washington-focus/ information-planning- resources/
Delegates are responsible for getting themselves to/from the center. Upon arrival, transportation for the week is included in the cost of the trip.