Virtual Show & Sponsorship
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Sent on behalf of Kaci Daniel, Extension Agent, 4-H
Hello, it’s me again! Because it’s Fair Week, there will probably be daily reminders. Many thanks to those who have put in so much effort to get the fairgrounds ready! They’re really looking good.
· Please remember to PARTNER with the fair board. Smile, say thank you, ask how you can help. A little effort goes a long way.
· Animals may arrive Wednesday evening if you wish. Department leaders have assigned spaces; please do not change your assignments without approval.
· All animals must be on the grounds by Thursday at 9:00 a.m. Weigh-in of market animals will be conducted Thursday morning.
· An exhibitor meeting will be held Thursday at 11:00 a.m. in the show ring. Please be there for important reminders and some goodies!
· Ice. We will need lots of ICE for the water bottles. If you have a large cooler and can get ice donated, please do so. We need to know who has contacts for ice and on what days you can bring it!
· We can also use large blocks of ice, so you can freeze some gallon jugs or plastic containers at your home and bring those. That process needs to be started today or tomorrow to be ready for Thursday through Saturday.
· Show Harnesses – Livestock Club members, bring yours! We will have show numbers this year, so please bring an exhibitor show harness if you have it, or some string or safety pins to attach the numbers to your shirt. We also have numbers for goat and dairy exhibitors if you choose to use them. Cloverbuds do not need numbers.
Stay tuned for more info, and don’t forget to stop by the grounds and volunteer your services. Much has been accomplished, yet there is still much to be done!
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
If youth wish to receive their premium payments, the Social Security information must be entered.
The Livestock Show Entry System is located on the right side of the page. THE ENTRY SYSTEM IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE STATE FAIR OF VIRGINIA WEBSITE.
Friday, July 12, 2013
We will introduce each delegate in the coming weeks.
This photo shows the Orange delegation waiting patiently in Dulles airport to meet their newest family members.
The Godins took Ivan to another 4-H family's pool for a refreshing swim. Thanks, Mrs. Chambers!
Ivan with his host mom.
Ivan playing chess with host brother Joseph.
Stay tuned for more photos as other families submit them.
We know summer is very busy, so please make notes of this on your calendar. Our source states that an email will be sent to previous years' exhibitors. You can also check the State Fair website for additional details.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Each club is also asked to supply one adult judge for the contest. Please let Ashley know if you will be participating (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Friday, July 5, 2013
If you have any questions, or to sign up, please visit the extension office!