Dr. Paige Pratt, Extension Youth Livestock Specialist, announces the following regarding the Junior Beef Round-up at the Virginia Beef Expo:
1. The entry process is online ONLY! Please go to www.ext.vt.edu/youthlivestock. In the middle of the page you will see “2013 Junior Beef Roundup”; click on “Register Here” to enter AOB heifers, Commercial heifers and Steers ONLY! You will be able to pay online or download a PDF and mail the entry form in with your payment.
2. ALL cattle will need a CVI (health paper). The official identification that must be in your animal’s ear and on the CVI is detailed in the “Health Requirements” PDF online.
3. We will be assigning stall spaces; therefore, NO exhibitors will be allowed on the fairgrounds until Saturday morning at 7AM! For more information on stalling, please see the Letter to Exhibitors (also found on this website).
4. Check-in and Weigh-In will occur from 9:30 to noon on Saturday. ALL registered and commercial females and steers will go through check-in with a designated show official. For more information on check-in/weigh-in, please see the Letter to Exhibitors (also found on this website).
5. All registered cattle (Angus, Red Angus, Simmental, Hereford and Shorthorn) will need to contact their Junior Breed Advisor for their entry form; some of these can be found online at the youth livestock homepage.
6. The entry fee (this is variable based on registered cattle versus commercial /AOB /steers) is for breed classes only on a per head basis; showmanship is FREE, but we need an accurate head count of who will be showing in showmanship, so please check the appropriate box to let us know if you will be showing.
All of this information and other details that are very important are found in the Letter to Exhibitors. Also on the website, please find the map that includes how you will need to enter the farigrounds for your stall assignment!!
All entries are due online by Friday, March 29. Entry fees will double after that date!! If you have any questions please let me know!
Paige Johnson Pratt, Ph.D.
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences
368 Litton-Reaves Hall (0306)
Blacksburg, VA 24061