Camp is a great opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, and work on your leadership skills. College may be a way off for most of you, but many college and scholarship applications look very favorably, and ask about leadership skills.
To be a camp counselor you must:
- Be a friendly person!
- Set a good example for the campers and be a good role model
- Encourage the campers to participate in activities and make them feel welcome and at home
- Be willing to carry out instructions or directions
- Serve as a class assistant, helper, or teach a class
- Help with recreation, evening programs, and campfire activities
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the extension office!