Friday, September 10, 2010


Carbon monoxide is called the “Invisible Killer.”
Why? Because you can’t see or smell it and it can kill
its victims quickly.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is sponsoring a nationwide carbon monoxide(CO)safety poster contest to help raise awareness about the dangers of CO in the home. The contest is open to all middle school students. For each of the three grade levels, judges will select three finalists whose posters help teach families about the dangers of CO poisoning in the home. Each of these nine finalists will receive an individual award of $250. One of these nine finalists will also be awarded an additional grand prize of $500. For further details, check out the contest information