State Fair Livestock Entry Info - Read Carefully!
We have several important deadlines approaching, so please share this information with families and youth in your area, especially those who plan to show at the 2019 State Fair of Virginia Youth Livestock Shows in October.
- YQCA Certification is required for ALL youth who plan to show Beef Cattle, Meat Goats, Sheep, and/or Swine at the 2019 State Fair of Virginia Youth Livestock Shows. We have offered 24 trainings across the state this year with the first on January 5th and the last scheduled for August 10th. We have currently certified 884 youth across the State of Virginia. To that note, THERE ARE ONLY TWO MORE YQCA TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR YOUTH WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED THIS TRAINING.
- Friday, August 2nd at the Southern Piedmont AREC in Blackstone, 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Pre-registration is required using this link: https://tinyurl.com/YQCA-
- Saturday, August 10th at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg, 5:00 – 7:00 pm. Pre-registration is required using this link: https://tinyurl.com/YQCA-
- NOTE: THERE ARE NO PLANS TO ADD ADDITIONAL TRAININGS
- The deadline for State Fair Youth Swine Nominations is this Thursday, August 1st at 11:59 pm. ALL swine (market, breeding, commercial, or purebred/registered) MUST be tagged and nominated to be eligible to show. The links below provide the details on where and how to complete this process.
- Swine Nomination Information and Details can be found here: https://ext.vt.edu/content/
dam/ext_vt_edu/topics/4h- youth/youth-livestock/shows/ state-fair/2019/Swine% 20Nomination%20Information% 202019.pdf
- The link to the nomination site where pictures and information is to be uploaded can be accessed here: https://tinyurl.com/2019-
- Swine nomination form to be completed and uploaded with pictures: https://ext.vt.edu/content/
dam/ext_vt_edu/topics/4h- youth/youth-livestock/shows/ state-fair/sfva-swine- nomination-form.pdf
- ALL REGISTERED Beef Cattle must be registered in or transferred to the name of the youth exhibitor by their respective breed association no later than August 15th, 2019. Failure to comply results in the ineligibility of the animal for the State Fair Youth Livestock Show. Bred and Owned heifers MUST also meet these requirements, as do calves shown at the side of dam.
- Nomination does NOT equal Entry! Even though you may have successfully nominated your lambs, goats, cattle, or hogs, you must still ENTER them using the information below.
- The FairEntry system is open (since July 1st) and accepting entries for the youth livestock shows at the 2019 State Fair of VA http://sfva-youthlivestock.
fairentry.com/. Entry Deadline is Thursday, August 15th at 11:59 pm. Please do NOT wait until the last minute to complete and submit your entries. Sometimes errors occur, so allow yourself time to get everything completed and double checked prior to hitting the submit button.