The Junior Beef Roundup will be held April 20 – 22, 2018 in conjunction with the Virginia Beef Expo at Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg, VA. Information about the shows and competitions can be found on the Youth Livestock web site. We have gone back to our traditional 3-day weekend, so please review the schedule very carefully. NO cattle will be allowed in the barns prior to Saturday morning.
Just a few key reminders and updates:
· Entry fees are $25 per head and ALL cattle must be owned by March 15th!
· Entries are due Monday, April 2nd.
· We are utilizing FairEntry for the Junior Beef Roundup.
o NEW to 2018 – we will be able to take credit card payments
o Please review the instructions on how to use FairEntry
§ Instructions are listed in the rules.
§ 4-H participants MUST enter through the 4-HOnline link.
· Failure to do so, will result in your entry being rejected.
§ FFA members will need to create a new profile (unless you entered the State Fair of Virginia Youth Livestock Shows)
o All clubs and chapters have been preloaded into the system. Please pay careful attention to what you are clicking.
· Stalling will be assigned again this year prior to arrival. ALL stalling requests must be submitted via stalling request form. All requests must be submitted by April 13th, electronically. Requests received after this date may not be honored. Stalling request forms will be located on the Junior Beef Roundup page.
· We will continue to offer the Junior Beef Roundup Champion sponsorship program. Please see the website for details. This is a great incentive for Youth to be involved.
The State Stockmen's Contest will also be a part of the Junior weekend. The State Stockmen's Contest will be held on Friday, April 20th. Entry forms and rules have been posted.
Entry deadlines vary by contest. Please be aware of the respective deadlines, as late fees will apply. For rules, schedule and online entry system, please visit: