It's that time of the year again! The Northern Virginia 4-H Center is looking for thoughtful, energetic, responsible future leaders to apply for staff positions for the 2016 Junior 4-H Camp season.
What is expected of a summer program staff member at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center?
Typically, 4-H Center summer program staff have completed at least one year of college and have work and/or volunteer experience in 4-H, teaching, and/or youth programming. (Previous experience in 4-H is not required.)
Regardless of your previous work and/or volunteer experience, successful employment at the 4-H Center requires certain personal attributes, including:
• Friendliness / Open Mindedness
• Interest in teaching and learning
• Positive Attitude
We believe that 4-H Center programs and services give us the opportunity to positively impact our community. For that reason, we consider a positive attitude and the ability to be friendly and caring toward youth and adults to be as important as previous education, training, or certification. (For some positions, the 4-H Center can assist applicants in identifying ways to become trained and/or certified.)
What are the benefits of being a summer program staff member at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center?
• Weekly salary (starting at $200 for 1st year staff members and additional weekend opportunities for programming and/or lifeguarding hours)
• Lodging (private room with a roommate)
• Meals (all food is provided from Sunday dinner through Thursday lunch)
• Staff Shirt
• Weekends off
• Training (approximately 15 days of staff training)
• Weekend lodging and access to the 4-H Center pool
Thank you for your interest in being a part of Team NOVA 2015! It is because of you over 2,000 youth a summer get to have an amazing week of camp. Please complete this application and required reference forms.
If you have any questions regarding 4-H Center program employment, please use the contact information below.
Program Manager, 4-H
600 4-H Center Drive
Front Royal Va, 22630