Scholarships are provided to agriculture students at 12 universities in 10 states served by Southern States. The scholarships are offered in proportion to farmer participation in Southern States cooperative and are available in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. They are generally awarded on a four-year basis provided the student continues to qualify.
The scholarship is valued at $3,000 or $600 for freshmen and $800 for each ensuing year.
- Applicant must be accepted by the admissions office of the university for enrollment in the college of agriculture
- Sons or daughters of Southern States employees, owners or employees of dealers, or Southern States' Board of Directors are not eligible
- 4-H and/or FFA experience is preferred, but not required
- Applicant must be a resident of the state in which the university he or she plans to attend is located
- Recipient must maintain a good academic record to hold the scholarship after the first year
How to Apply:
Visit the document library and look in the "Scholarships" folder for the "Southern States Scholarship" application. You will need to fill out the contact information on the flier and send it into the university that you have been accepted at. They will send you more information on how to apply.
More information about the program can also be found on that flier.