National 4-H Council is now accepting applications for the annual Youth in Action award to be presented at the 4-H Legacy Awards in Washington, D.C. on . The Youth in Action Award is one of the highest honors a 4-H’er can achieve.
The Award recognizes one remarkable 4-H’er who exemplifies the life-changing impact of 4-H---a young person who demonstrates personal growth, community impact and project excellence through their 4-H experience.
In addition to this great honor, the Youth in Action Award winner will receive:
- Scholarship: A $10,000 scholarship for higher education.
- Public Recognition: An all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. to be recognized at the 4-H Legacy Awards on . Promotion in the winner's hometown media as the national winner.
- Executive References: Official reference letters from National 4-H Council executives and corporate supporters.
- A Shopping Experience: A shopping experience (valued at $1,000) to select attire for the 4-H Legacy Awards event.
- Spokesperson Opportunities: Opportunities to serve as an official 4-H Youth Spokesperson through national media and events.
To qualify, applicants should be a 4-H member or recent alumni, ages 16-21, that represent the diversity and passions of 4-H youth nationwide, demonstrate outstanding leadership, showcase the essence of 4-H positivity and possess a proven ability to engage others. More detailed guidelines can be found at www.4-H.org/YouthInAction.
If you know of an outstanding 4-H member that fits this criteria, please encourage them to apply for this distinguished award.
Application deadline is website for information on our past winners.. Please visit the Youth in Action Award
Questions? We're happy to help! Please email Rachel Mentzer email@example.com.