Wednesday, February 27, 2013
The junior team consisting of Marlaina, Stella, Brice Norford, and Gini Bryington placed fourth out of 12 teams. The senior team of Blake Hopkins, Hunter Watkins, Olivia Oliver, and Natalia Seitzer placed ninth out of 15 teams. Individuals who competed included Case Norford, James Bryington, and Sophie Thionville.
THE DESIGN CRITERIA ARE:
- The design must fit on an 8 ½ x 11” piece of white paper.
- Limit of 4 colors one of which must be green (the clover), use solid colors with high contrast and no shading or color gradients. Image must be dark/bold enough to scan.
- One entry per contestant.
- All entries must be original-- your own idea and design -- tracing another person’s work or clip art is not acceptable.
- Do not use newspaper, TV, book or computer and film cartoon characters or other copyright ideas, i.e. Garfield, Coca-Cola, Snoopy.
- Computer-generated artwork and text are not acceptable and will be disqualified. Text can/will be added by the tee shirt printer.
- The design should reflect the total 4-H horse program. Keep it simple, to the point and clearly about the theme.
- Remember it is to be designed for use on the back of a T-shirt.
- Designs with a clover are fine.
- Designs using the 4-H emblem (the clover with the H in each leaf) must follow these rules:
- The 4-H emblem must always appear as a whole and complete emblem with trademark info.
- The 4-H emblem cannot be changed in any way.
- No text or image may be placed over any part of the 4-H emblem.
- The actual 4-H emblem appears below. In cases where the 4-H emblem isdrawn into the artwork, it will be pulled out electronically and replaced with the official emblem. (so you don’t to draw it perfectly)
- Likenesses of a clover may be used elsewhere in the drawing but should just be a green 4-leaf clover without the H’s on each leaf….
- All members, regardless of the projects they carry, may submit a design.
- The designs submitted become the property of the Virginia 4-H Horse Program and by submission of a design, authorization is given to use the designs in State level program promotion.
Registration brochures can be found online or at the Orange Extension office, 672-1361.
See the video from last year's camp!
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Congratulations to Bryan Ramey, member of the Orange 4-H HoofMates Club, who earned the title of Division AA State Champion Wrestler in the 113-lb. division. He is the first student from Eastern View High School to win the title, and the first since 1995 for all of Culpeper County. Way to go, Bryan!
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
If you have any questions, or would like to register your group to help, please contact Amy Walp at email@example.com.
Monday, February 18, 2013
By Jake Bernard, Club Reporter
The majority of our club went on a field trip to Richmond to visit the General Assemby on February 12th. Delegate Scott and Senator Reeves were so kind to make time in their day to meet with us. We were able to watch the voting process in the General Assembly along with over 800 other 4-H members. It was a beautiful day.
We had a great practice session on February 15th, we are learning all of the do's and don'ts of safety and scoring for archers.
On March 9th, we will be taking a field trip to Augusta County Archers Club, where they have graciously agreed to work with us one-on-one regarding technique.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
All information can be found online - http://www.ext.vt.edu/internship/index.html - so please share this information with potential candidates. Orange has had great luck with summer interns; help us find a great 2013 candidate, too!
Thursday, February 7, 2013
The county-wide Presentations contest will be on March 29 here at the extension office. Once you do your presentation at the club level, if you would like to participate with your topic once again you may do so at the county level! This would be a great opportunity for you to see what other people outside of your club are interested in or doing.
These events would be great practice if you want to compete at the district level with your talent or presentation.
Let Sarah or Kaci know if you have any questions or would like to participate in either of these events!
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
- May 11, 2013 - Open Qualifying Show ‐Frederick County Fairgrounds, Clear Brook, VA, POCs: Rose @ 540-877-4935 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Stacie @ 540-336-9291 or email@example.com
- June 15, 2013 - 4-H Qualifying Show - Front Royal 4H Center, Front Royal, VA, POC: Jackie McClintic @ 540-454-1503 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This information can be found on the Northern District 4H Horse Advisory Council of Virginia Website located at: http://sites.google.com/site/northerndistva4hhorse/Home.